Tuesday, January 29, 2019

a wall around Ellis Island to keep out Drumpfs?






{Manhattan Murder Mystery}

Carol stops walking:  she's looking at something across the street.

CAROL
Ted, look.

TED
At what?  What?

                   CAMERA PANS around to a reverse angle shot of the other side of the street.  It stops on a building.  On the awning above the entrance of the building, a sign says, "Hotel Waldron."

CAROL
That hotel.

TED
What about it?

CAROL
Well, that's... the Waldron.  I mean, I thought -- I -- I was in his apartment, I pressed the number, "last number dialed" -- and...

TED
You're kidding.

CAROL
And they answered the phone.  And said -- Waldron.



TED
Let's-Let's-Let's get to a phone.  Let's get to a phone.  Let's call up.  You got a quarter?

MEDIUM SHOT of Ted talking on a pay phone on the street.

TED
Hello?  Mrs. House, please?  Mrs. - Mrs. House.  Can you ring her room for me, please?

                             The CAMERA PANS to Carol, standing near Ted.

TED
Really?

CAROL
Well?

TED
What.  Maybe...  Well, maybe she checked out.  No- nobody, nobody at all.  Uh...  What about...?

CAROL
Wh-What about...

TED
Yeah, what about, uh, Helen Moss?  Moss.  You're sure?  Nobody... nobody at all.  All-  all right.  All right, okay.  I'm sorry.  All right.  Thank you.  Thank you.

CAROL
Great.  Oh, God.  It looks like it's gonna rain again.  Well?



INT.  A restaurant - Day

Larry Lipton and Marcia Fox are seated at a table, playing cards.

MARCIA
If I get two kings, I take one.  Otherwise, I fold.

LARRY
So...

MARCIA
Got it?

LARRY
I -- I never go out.  I-I-I-I-I just, I can't take...  I can't...

MARCIA
(shuffling the cards)
That's how you wind up on welfare.

                            CAMERA PANS around the restaurant.

LARRY
(Voice Over)
You know -- I need the action, for some reason.  I-I can't... I bet anything.  Okay, just...

MARCIA
Cut?

LARRY
No, no, go ahead, I trust you.  Lay it on me.










-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment