Thursday, January 24, 2019

so romantic, such a delight





(in a whisper)
"Look, somebody got cremated, Larry.  Somebody."
                LARRY:  Shut up.


---------------------- On You Tube, I played some video slips from 1993 film Manhattan Murder Mystery, and looked at Comments:

Lily B.
This movie is such a delight.

89 strangelove
So romantic, great ending

Pakkawat Tanghom
Can anyone tell me what the song in this scene is I really wanna know, it's play along till the credit

Felipe Olivani
I believe it is Coleman Hawkins's Out Of Nowhere, from his Wrapped Tight album.

Pakkawat Tanghom
Ohh...  I found it.  Really thanks sir!

victoria grant
Great movie!

----------------------------------------------------

...When they say,
"such a delight"
and
"so romantic,"
and I'm thinking of --
"Somebody got cremated."
"Shut up."
lol
-----------------------------------------------------




EXT.  New York street - Day

Ted and Carol in front of the wine-tasting lounge, where she saw the bus.  Ted is reading to her from a small notebook, as they walk along.  (He has that inimitable Alan Alda-voice -- you would recognize it anywhere) --



TED
Lillian House.

CAROL
Right.

TED
Uh, maiden name, Lillian Begle.  Born in Carlyle, Pennsylvania, 1935.  Married Paul Richard House.

CAROL
Right, I know.

TED
She was not a twin.  Had an older sister who...

CAROL
So there goes Larry's theory.

TED
Uh -- went to England twenty years ago, and an older brother who died in 1987.



                             Carol stops in front of the building that has the lounge inside it.

CAROL
Right here.  This is it.

TED
This is where we were.

                          The CAMERA tilts up to show the window behind which Carol was sitting the day before.

CAROL
This is where we were.  I know.  And I was sitting right here, after you left.

                            She shows Ted the spot where she saw the bus.





________________________________
("the exact spot" --
"I can show you the exact spot, Larry"
             "Yeah, I'm not going to see the exact spot"...)



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment