Monday, October 12, 2020

"I'll see myself out"

 


     When I read Comments "BTL" (below-the-line) on Guardian articles, I always kind of enjoy the pictures they paint; the moods they create.


        Periodically there will be a Comment where the person is being humorously droll--humor where some readers might say, "ha-ha," while others might possibly groan a little bit.  Then, after the main part of the Comment, the writer will have typed in, "I'll see myself out."


     That cracks me up.

     Recently there was a variation:

"I'll get me coat."


4 Reader Comments / Guardian


Love the cinema.  Watching at home comes nowhere near.  I buy a Limitless pass and go dozens of times a year.  Also love listening to the buzz of everyday life outside.  The only time I'll wear ear pods is down the gym.


I hate seeing people wandering along a crowded street buried in their phone!  To me it looks like giving yourself a disability.  Ditto cyclists with headphones on!


     ----- Cyclists with headphones on may be a self curing problem!


In Dreams breaks every "rule" of the pop song.  It not only has no chorus or any kind of solo but is more like a string of verses each set to a different chord sequence.  It's like walking through a set of rooms, each more epic and splendorous than the previous.  It's not alone (Bohemian Rhapsody maybe?) but wow.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment