Monday, October 26, 2020

record albums

 


I have certain record albums I like to play from You Tube when I'm doing certain tasks.


For laundry-vacuuming-weekly-cleaning, it's

the Court and Spark album by Joni Mitchell

Joni Mitchell Hits album

and

Moondance, "full album" by Van Morrison.


In that order.


For bringing in groceries and putting them away, it's a Janet Jackson album.

     The six albums (all available on You Tube) that form the solid quality core of her work are --

Control

Rhythm Nation

Janet (1993)

The Velvet Rope

All for You 

Unbreakable.


I work my way through those, and then start over with Control again.

----------------------------------------

When I was a little kid in early grade school, the record albums I had were "Peter Pan" (sung by Mary Martin, who was Larry Hagman's mom) and "The Sound of Music."


     Seeing The Sound of Music in the theater as a first-grader was a transformative experience.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment