Thursday, August 11, 2022

all roads, they lead me here

 


Jerry Hall's book contains a lot of pictures, and something I notice that's kind of amazing is how different she can look from one photograph to another.  And I'm talking about photos from the same era -- not 30 or 40 years apart.

        I don't know how she does that -- makeup, I guess, and attitude.


        Posing.  They call it that -- making a stance, a mood, for the camera -- striking a pose.  And images.  Quite often Jerry Hall refers to what's in a picture as "images."


These people -- models, rock and roll performers -- live a life spread out across the world.  Bali, Mustique, Jamaica, New York City, Wales -- to shoot pictures for the cover of a record album.  

Paris, France.

London -- and etc.


It's a different existence from that of people who process experience through a viewpoint developed while living their entire lives in the town where they were born.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment