Friday, August 5, 2022

it's in there

 


Yesterday here, I showcased something Jerry Hall wrote in her book.  I love the way she writes, and the way she says things!

------------------- excerpt ------------- Karl will say, 'O.K., you're Bette Davis in The Letter', and if you've seen it you know exactly what he wants.  That's the thing I said to my daughters; you've got to watch all the old Hollywood movies because they really did glamour and everything you need to know about modelling is in there. ----------------- end / excerpt ---------------

________________________________


Everything you need to know about modelling is in there.

(It's in there.)

They really did glamour.

They Really. Did. Glamour.

"You've got to watch all the old Hollywood movies" -- (I say that to people all the time, and I'm not even in the fashion modeling business!)

You've got to watch all the old Hollywood movies --

        Everything you need to know about modelling is in there.

_____________________________________


I immediately watched The Letter (1940).  I saw that movie when I lived in Boston, after college.  It was on a local channel at a late-night hour.  Small black-and-white TV.  (Of course the movie is in black-and-white anyway, so no difference there, if had had color....)

        I knew then it was really good -- somehow I had forgotten the ending.  I had to back away from the screen this time, it was getting so suspenseful and scary.  Holy Toledo!  What a movie.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment