They have a "hung jury" and mistrial, in the Lindsay Clancy trial in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Horrible tragedy - hard to get your mind around it.
But apparently this can happen, sometimes. Remember the Andrea Yates story, about 20 years ago?
I found a couple of videos on You Tube that give some information to try to enlighten us about these situations.
------------------------------------------------------------
Lindsay Clancy Update: Boston Globe Health & Sciences Reporter Sarah Rahal Breaks Down All The Meds
uploader / channel: Hot Mics with Billy Bush
Postpartum Psychosis: What the Lindsay Clancy Trial Gets Wrong
uploader / channel: Savvy Psychologist and Dr. Judy Ho
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Los Angeles trial lawyer Alan Jackson said, of postpartum psychosis, "As a civilized society, we do not criminalize illness."
We "civilians" - lay people, non-experts - assume, in the midst of shock, "a person would have to be crazy to kill their own children."
The various videos talking about this case show photographs of the Clancy family - the dad and mom, and three children. In the photos, everyone looks so happy.
I saw some of the trial, on You Tube. I felt so sorry for the families involved. At one point, a prosecutor was directing questions to, I think it was Patrick Clancy's mom, and the prosecutor asked if the lady is a Catholic, and then insinuatingly crooned, "Isn't murder a mortal sin?"
I was like - What The Actual f-- ...???!!
The lawyers and judge had a little thing about that in the sidebar. ...
Or, as defense lawyer Kevin Reddington would pronounce it, "side - bah"...
He pronounces "post-partum" as "post - pah-tem."
"Kevin."
All those Boston-Irish are named Kevin....
No comments:
Post a Comment