Oh! - you can find this on You Tube, video titled:
The Literary Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
channel / uploader: John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
------------------------------------- I've never seen this, before. It's an hour and 38 minutes, so if you put it on when you have some work to get done, it will last for a bit - you don't have to keep stopping what you're doing to find something else to play.
One panelist tells the story of getting invited to dinner at the home of New York City Mayor Ed Koch. The guy arrived at the mayor's apartment and the 20 people who were there didn't seem to know each other.
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis was one of the guests.
When they all sat down at the dinner table, Mayor Koch asked everyone to go around the table, each person introducing themselves.
("I'm Jacqueline Onassis; I'm a senior editor at Doubleday.")
I think people for whom English is a second language will enjoy this video, as well as people whose first language is English.
In our economy, I cannot help but notice, there are many things that aren't good and are expensive, while at the same time there are things like this "literary Jackie" video that are really good, and - free of charge - ! LOL. It's like some kind of absurd, unexpected miracle....
Ed Koch, mayor of New York City, 1978 - 1989
-30-
No comments:
Post a Comment