Monday, August 30, 2010

beg my pardon

weekend poem:

"Music Mix-Up // Fooled By Jazz"
Listening to the
rustle / roar / sigh
of a windy
(and sparkly bright)
day
had mental laugh,
Realizing --
last night
playing Paris Washboard
(all instrumental)
CD, checked Song "5" --
oh Yes!
"How Long Has
This Been
Going On?"
I know that one! --
Love that one!
well-I-didn't-know-shit
number 5 was
"Keepin' Out Of
Mischief
Now" -- I had,
(Hello?!)
put Paris Washboard
CD into
"Dave Grusin,
The Gershwin
Connection" CD case,
cuz
Washboard case was
piece of junk,
broke
and -- never listen,
Grusin --
SO --
...
that Music
from earlier times,
I don't --
know-it-at-all;
Like it, don't
Know it.
(Also thought
"Thou Swell" was
"Our Love Is
Here To Stay,"
for TWO reasons --
1, "Our Love" listed
on Grusin case-cover,
AND both
"Love" and "Swell"
are on the Natalie
Cole "Unforgettable" CD,
so I've heard
those 2 songs
close together,
many times...)
Am clueless.
Wonderful sound, though.
Sparkly, like today.
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment