Tuesday, August 10, 2010

money, ideals, and a slip

Saturday morning I thought of this --
either in bed when I was waking up (without alarm clock, just waking up)
or maybe later, when cleaning,
not sure when.

Wrote the theory in the Writing Practice Notebook and listed out exhibits.

-----------------------------
Theory: the reason why John Kennedy and Robert Kennedy were murdered is because they could have made things better because they had the unique combination of --
The Ideals
and
The Money.

(Was thinking, no other recent president had both.) Ex. A (starting, present, and working back):

Obama: Ideals-yes, Money-no
George W. Bush: Ideals-no, Money-yes
Clinton: Ideals-some, Money-no
George H.W. Bush: Ideals-sort of, Money-yes
(and NOTE: OUT after one term)
Reagan: Ideals-yes, Money-no
Carter: Ideals-yes, Money-no
Ford: Ideals-maybe, Money-no
Nixon: Ideals-no, Money-no
Johnson: Ideals-yes, Money-no
John F. Kennedy: Ideals-yes, Money-yes.

------------------------
The only yes-yes you got is John F. Kennedy.
(The only other qualified yes-yes is Robert Kennedy -- but, never president -- they weren't even going to let him get in....)
An almost-yes-yes is George Herbert Walker Bush (1988-1992) -- "kinder and gentler", "thousand points of light" -- yeah, they made sure he was out after one term. (Enter Perot.)

I'm not even a fan of "conspiracy" theories for their own sake, or to get carried away with them, on the other hand to simply discount ALL conspiracy theories is to bury one's head in the sand --things don't just happen by accident when big money/power at stake -- you and I may not have a plan but somebody does. Surely.

(Above when I typed "bury one's head in the sand" the first time, I slipped and had a "typo" -- I actually typed "bury one's head in the sane" --
was that a "Freudian slip"?
Do I want to bury my head in the "sane" to keep out the "insane" of the lurid and mean chatter which they try to sell us as "news" these days?)

Gotta love those Freudian slips.
(If it is only from the waist down, then it is a Freudian half-slip.)

-30-

1 comment:

  1. I love that phrase, Freudian slip or not - Bury my head in the sane.

    I am so worried that our political system is so tainted and dependent on money that we can't see any true reform until the system itself is rid of the cash.

    ReplyDelete