Tuesday, August 17, 2010

If you think I'm happy, you're right

"Six Days On The Road"

a classic country song
it's so good --
(I'm for making it our national anthem!)
[am sleep deprived at moment -- that's the kind of cause I get behind when I'm like this...]
go on You Tube
and listen to "Six Days" renditions by --
Red Sovine, for an Early Classic sound -- smooth (move over Sinatra)
Dave Dudley -- who himself looks like a truck driver / style: story-telling / expressiveness, engaging "mugging" to live audience
Sawyer Brown -- hammerin' country rock
The Planets (March 1977) -- it's "piano-centric", believe it or not -!

there are others...one by Flying Burrito Brothers, one by Emmylou Harris and Gram Parsons, one by a Phil Gibson (workman-like vocals, but the assertive, intricate instrumentals make you feel like you've been danced with, when you listen)

-30-

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking at the jobs listings today and said "Maybe I should become an over the road driver."

    ReplyDelete