Thursday, August 19, 2010

mindless; vote anyway

A great article in yesterday's (or Tue.) New York Times
about the U.S. Senate
"The Mirthless Senate"
or something...
It was such a good article, with some interesting comments from readers, also:
was going to print it & give to a guy where I work,
who does not vote,

and then realized -- the article really doesn't
support my argument that Voting is a worthwhile thing to do;
it discusses "mindless obstructionism" etc.
and actually
workplace guy could use whole article as
support for his position that Voting is a waste of time
because politicians act so stupid

Gotta get better at supporting my own point...!
Except, if can't convince someone to vote,
still Enthusiasm won't let me Not-share the good article.

Don't really want to Convince -- want them to see it for themselves;
I want it to be their idea.
My hairstylist says Voting or Not-Voting is generational.
She says people my age vote, and people younger than me have a much higher percentage who do not vote.
Is this true?

-30-

1 comment: