Friday, September 3, 2010

tiptoe out

Gratified, and grateful.

Feeling of accomplishment, or just -- something Good.
Feels great!

At work, they had a safety meeting that I suggested, to cut down on speeding in the parking lot, and can SEE the results! People are driving more slowly and responsibly in the tightly packed parking lot. I know, because I watch them! I stand outside, and can see the results.

Plus I think if managers / leaders in a company can communicate to employees that they shouldn't drive like maniacs in a parking lot, it has EXTRA benefits.
Besides lack of dead bodies in parking lot, you also have improved morale (I believe) because people who work at your company realize "Ding! My bosses care if I live or die. My foreman / supervisor/ etc. want me and my family to be OK."

You know, saying to employees, "We Don't want you to wind up dead in the parking lot" is one way of saying you care.
I think messages like that -- when people express caring, and encouragement -- have cumulative benefits. Like earning high interest on stocks you purchased.

I think.

AND -- the co-worker who received the letter back from Pres. Obama, after I encouraged her to send her good idea to our congressional delegation: couple nights ago, this person who -- isn't registered to vote (like so MANY people, as I've discovered to my dismay) and doesn't basically "believe in" politicians, couple nights ago, she --
sat down
and watched the president
give his speech about
getting out of Iraq.

When I run into difficult, or disappointing times in life I've learned to work hard to be happy and not let bad stuff get me down, or create a sad or bad attitude.
But this week, I felt happy, and pleased, and psyched, because of Real Things outside of myself instead of having to WORK to Create it inside of my mind.

You can't always get that, so that's why have to create the Inside Happiness (I think), but when you DO get it, it's very Encouraging.

Now I feel like I should "tiptoe out of the room," figuratively speaking, while [in a whisper] Some Things Are Good.

-30-

1 comment:

  1. Afraid to jinx it?

    I just read a book on women and happiness. It basically says that women aren't allowed to be unhappy. It's diagnosed and eradicated by medicine. I think you have to experience both and be able to recognized them when they happen. I would hate to not feel at all.

    Today I'm happy. I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete