Tuesday, January 30, 2018

this is the Big Bopper speakin'





1.  Joe Kennedy III, great-nephew of John F. Kennedy (U.S. President, 1960 - 1963), is going to "call out bullies" in his speech tonight after the president's State Of The Union address.  "Call out" the bullies.  It's about time -- This is what I've been saying!
(oh baby, that's-a what I like!)

2.  I don't understand the Nunes Memo Controversy.  We can all put out memos....  I could put one out right now!

To:
From:
Date:
Re:

_______________________
It sounds like the Nunes Memo is supposed to get us, the public, mad at the FBI and the Department of Justice.  I think I want to be resistant to being manipulated in that fashion.  Don't tell me when to get mad.  And don't tell me who to get mad at.  Maybe I am not mad; maybe --  I'm optimistic.  I'm positive.  I'm polite.  Now go jump in the lake.


     One commenter, General Michael Hayden, said of the House Republicans' plan to release the Nunes Memo, "This crosses a threshold."  And he did not say it in a good way.  (I don't know -- let the generals worry about it, maybe....)

3.  Two theories on why the House Republicans want to embarrass the Department of Justice:

A)  The House Republicans want to "distract" the public's attention away from Mueller's investigation of Russian election-meddling

B)  The Republicans want to weaken or dismantle the Department of Justice for the foreseeable future, to keep Mueller's investigation at bay



     Isn't it a tad treasonous to subvert justice in that manner?  It doesn't seem like a good "threshold."  I would not put it on my List of Things to Do This Week....  little corrupt around the edges....

______________________________

Joe Kennedy III, 37 years old, can be heard in You Tube videos -- not singing "Mustang Sally," or anything like that, but giving speeches and making arguments ...  

One of the videos was a televised mini-debate between Kennedy and his Republican opponent at the time (2012), Sean Bielat.  

     Kennedy used his talk-time to highlight issues important to the district's constituents, and the ideas he intended to bring to address those issues; the other candidate, given the mic, bitched about, and at, Kennedy for running at all.  ... (ok...)



     Congressman Kennedy's buddies nicknamed him "Milkman" because he rarely takes a drink.

     He was born in Brighton, Massachusetts, and raised in that area and somehow does not have The Accent.  He speaks Flat Midwestern, for some reason....  (Dude -- so generic!  Cherish your regional accent!...)



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment