Thursday, August 15, 2019

...I fear rivers overflowing...




On You Tube where I played "Bad Moon Rising" by CCR, I was drawn into a vortex of Comments...

__________________________
^ Goooooood morning Vietnam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


^ American Werewolf in London


^ Marge:  Homer give this man CPR
Homer:  Um - I see a bad moon rising
Marge:  That's CCR


^ I was looking for this comment



^ Looks like we're in for nasty weather


^ I was just talking about that


^ U got it mixed up that's family guy that came from




^ "Don't go out tonight coz it's bound to take your life.  There's a bedroom on the right." ....I really thought this was an anti-drink-driving song


^ I can still hear this through the headphones of my flight helmet as we flew night missions over the Mekong Delta in '69-'70.  CCR...best rock band of all time.




^ If the world ends, I'm gonna go on a ham radio and play this


^ I recently took a trip to Arkansas, and as I was traveling I was listening to a classic rock station.  When I came to the Mississippi, there was a large storm coming in on the horizon.  

I could see huge lightning strikes in the distance, it was just starting to rain, and I had heard multiple tornado warnings.  

And I kid you not, as soon as I was over the Mississippi and in Arkansas, with the huge storm coming in, the wind buffeting my car around, people out in their farm's fields quickly hurrying home, with all the tree branches whipping around, this song came on.


     It was probably the most awesome coincidence I have ever experienced, this song came on in the perfect state as I crossed the perfect river while the perfect storm came in, just like something out of a movie.  I half expected movie credits to start playing, I felt like I was heading into a murder mystery or some shit.



--------------------------- ^ Thank you for this idea, I am going to America and will stay there for decade until a tornado comes and I can hop in a black Chevrolet Camaro and chase it down thus the tornado picking me up and tossing me down the ground killing me instantly all while I'm listening to this song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


^ Why is it so cheerful?!?!
Yet the lyrics are so dark


^ One of the best rock n roll songs of all time!  Love it.


^ Primary school assembly song... teacher would sit at the front of the hall with a guitar and we'd sing this one


^ Cool My favorite group of Rock Country.  I like to play their music with my harmonica and my keyboard.


^ Now it's just as relevant as the day it was released


^ hello yanks!  I am from across the pond.  How you doing?

------------------------- ^ Not well.  Our president is a Russian asset.


^ I heard this in my dad's truck and only remembered the lyrics "looks like we're in for nasty weather" - google is cool





^ As the rain worsened I lost my perception of time and self but was caught in a space of sound

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment