Wednesday, May 18, 2022

anytime they say listen

 


        When I was typing yesterday's post here, I was describing a documentary about the Mafia, and I started one paragraph with the sentence, "Rudy Giuliani is in it."

        Re-reading it today I thought, oh that could sound like Giuliani is "in" the Mafia -- he's "in it."  I meant of course that he is in the documentary.  

        In the '80s Giuliani was the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and led federal prosecution of New York City mafia bosses.


Was going to watch Fear City on Netflix again, but first got sidetracked on You Tube -- there's a video where Mike Tyson is interviewing Michael Franzese.

(Former Mafia Captain Michael Franzese Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson

uploader:  Mike Tyson)

------------------------------------ some Viewer Comments:

~~ Whenever an Italian says "I'll tell you quick story" be prepared to sit there, fascinated for an hour.

~~ It takes the same amount of time for a Greek to bid farewell.

~~ Lol.  Truth.


~~ Whenever an Italian American.  The Italian Americans have nothing in common with real Italians.

~~ no, no... Italians are the same.  They can spin a yarn like few others.

~~ Same for Latinos    lmao.

~~ Mike interviewing an old mafia captain is actually better than a movie


~~ lmao    my old Italian neighbor tells me this shit all the time.

~~ Let me tell ya a couple or three things.

~~ That's a Brooklyn thing.  Black people, Italians, Latinos...same shit with the stories.

~~ It's also a New York thing.

~~ I'm Italian and let me tell you a quick story about quick stories  LOL!!


~~Love the stories though, ngl.

~~ "let me tell ya a coupla three things"


~~ You should hear my grandma

~~ *Anytime they say "listen..."


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment