Friday, May 20, 2022

el chapo and me

 



I heard a song today that I knew I liked but I couldn't remember what it was -- 

"You Make My Dreams (Come True)"

by Daryl Hall and John Oates.  

That punchy beginning part....


From Fear City to Drug Lords -- Netflix is transporting me to the world of ... criminality?!

Sometimes we watch something, and then ask ourselves, "Why am I watching this?  These people are terrible."  One opinion was, we watch because it's so different from our own lives.  Extreme.  People who are extreme, and they do extreme things.  Watching it doesn't mean we think it's right.


Like horror movies, I guess -- not like you want those things to happen to you or your family or friends, but it's a story and it lets you go to another world, in your imagination, and get a perspective on the world you are in.


Someone should write a song:

"Taking a Trip on Netflix"...


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment