Sunday, May 1, 2022

playin' a high-class game

 


Two things about the April 29th (Friday) post here:

1.  If you decide to watch the first episode of "Gaslit" on Starz, be advised one reviewer said skip the first seven minutes.

2.  The title of that post, "you keep on telling me" was an inspiration I felt when spontaneously remembered a Rolling Stones lyric where Mick Jagger sings, "you keep on tellin' me, I ain't your kind of man" -- it's in the song "Beast of Burden" -- the way he croons that line, every word, every syllable, has its own energy -- it's quite mesmerizing.


The Rolling Stones song I want to showcase here is "It's All Over Now."

When you type in "it's all over now" -- "It's All Over Now Baby Blue" may come up -- that's a Bob Dylan song, good one too, but today's song is

"It's All Over Now" by the Stones.

To hear the album cut, type in on You Tube

Rolling Stones - It's all over now

uploader:  clacer cabeza

and - PLAY!


Well, baby used to stay out all night long

She made me cry, she done me wrong

She hurt my eyes open, that's no lie

Tables turn and now it's her turn to cry

Because I used to love her, but it's all over now

Because I used to love her, but it's all over now


Well, she used to run around - with every man in town

She spent all my money, playing her high class game...


It's a rollicking-good number, be ready to dance.

Then -- we can watch them perform the song live:

you tube video title --

It's All Over Now Rolling Stones WideScreenHiQ Hybrid JARichardsFilm 720p

uploader:  jarichards99utube


        Mick Jagger -- the front man -- singing and dancing, moving to the music.  When we see his face close up, it's two things you notice -- focus, and love.  Love for the music.  Laser-focus on giving that song to the audience -- transforming their experience.

        He jumps up in the air -- it makes us want to jump up in the air.  It's like the music is playing him.  He is one with the groove.

_______________________________

{"It's All Over Now" -- written by Bobby Womack and Shirley Womack.}


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment