Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Christine Perfect

 

John McVie; Christine McVie; Mick Fleetwood



Christine McVie (nee Perfect) died today, at the age of 79.


some of the Reader Comments under the New York Times story --


Scott 

NYC

Ugh!!!!!!!!  :(


EJD

New York

Oh my heart.


Paul Smith

Austin, Texas

RIP Christine!  I loved not only her hits with the Buckingham-Nicks era Mac, but also her album with Chicken Shack, and her songs on the underappreciated FM albums from Future Games through Heroes Are Hard to Find.  

Her wonderful songs and recordings will live on!



Steve Mason

Ramsey, New Jersey

Great singer, great talent, great band.


Robert

Virginia

Christine McVie perfectly balances Fleetwood Mac.  Understated elegance in her songs and voice.


Jennene Colky

Denver

She was born Christine Perfect.  Seldom was a name more apropos.  RIP.


Newton Guy

Newton, Massachusetts

How sad.  What a legendary combination of talent that band was.


Paul

Sora, Panama

...Christine's soulful voice... Losing her seems so damn... personal.  I'll never stop loving her.


Michael 

Fresno

I loved Christine.  She always felt like the most balanced member of the group, and if you've never listened to her song "Why" -- on the Mystery to Me album -- go put it on, right now.


Pegah

San Francisco, California

Indeed a genuine loss.  She made this world a happier place


Elex Tenney

Beaverton, Oregon

Great band; she had a great voice.  Another sad passing for my generation.



Cinnamon Girl

New Orleans

...the songs are not just nostalgic.  They are timeless


Ed

New York

I have literally a lifetime of memories soundtracked by her exceptional songs.


Sandra

Olympia, Washington

Her songs made my heart sing.  Thanks for the memories.


Juraj Kovac

Slovakia

Warm Ways was her most inspired song for me.


magzeen

new england

Fleetwood Mac was the soundtrack of my life when I was in high school.



Quohog

Jersey Shore

Wonderful voice.


Elizabeth

New England

"The songbirds are singing like they know the score"...



Vera Camden

Cleveland

The lilting voice of a generation.  She was brilliant.


Karla Decker

Victoria, B.C.

I loved her voice....My contemporaries are splitting the scene at an alarming rate.


Stef

New Hampshire

She was the heart and soul of Fleetwood Mac.  Her passing is like that of a close friend, but then I am now listening to Rumours and she's here.  She always will be.


Sedat Nemli

Istanbul. Turkey

Née Perfect.  And she was.  R.I.P.


Eric

Virginia

You can take me to paradise and then again you can be cold as ice.... her voice and music just made me float among the clouds


Andrew

Philadelphia

...Fleetwood Mac was always a favorite of mine, too, and Rumors was the first album I ever bought.


John 

Akron, Ohio

Christine McVie was a "perfect" fit for each of the several phases of Fleetwood Mac, despite the very different styles of Peter Green, Bob Welch, and Buckingham / Nicks.


ThurmanMunson

Canton, Ohio

45 years, I've marveled at Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks, two of the best Rock 'N Rollers of all time, who held together one of the best Rock 'N Roll bands ever.  Gonna not shed a tear but raise a full glass.



Bascom Hill

Bay Area

She sang a soaring background vocal on Bob Welch's Sentimental Lady.  An epic voice.


Art

Phippsburg, Maine

"Hypnotized" was on Mystery to Me, not Penguin.  Still my favorite Fleetwood Mac record.


Redd Pharmer

Coming Out Of Turn Four

Will have to pour a whisky neat and toast the memory of that warm voice.  RIP.


Sane citizen

NY

Fleetwood Mac was just magical.  Thanks for all, Christie.


Marcy

Paris, Texas

....I love the songs "Everywhere" and "Little Lies." ...


Gary

New Mexico

I fell in love with her with Chicken Shack.  For me she was always the center of Fleetwood Mac.


Chindhee

Wyoming

...I'm glad that music lives forever.


Rob F

California

For those of us alive in the seventies and seeing Fleetwood Mac playing Days on the Green in Oakland, it is hard to imagine a more optimistic time.


______________________________________


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment