Wednesday, November 2, 2022

there's a lot of ways of sayin' what I want to say to you

 

George Will



Conway Twitty


"The Republican Party used to be a conservative party with a lunatic fringe.

Now it is a lunatic party with a conservative fringe."

~ George Will


______________________________

After writing here yesterday, a few hours later I started thinking, "Did I even say the reason why those two kids weren't allowed to stay at school when we were having a holiday celebration?"

        I kind of got going with the story, and may have leaped ahead and forgot to put all the info.


The reason they had to leave before any holiday parties was because they were Jehovah's Witnesses, and they don't believe in taking part in any celebration that isn't centered around Jesus Christ.

        So then I thought -- well, but wouldn't Christmas be a holiday they would celebrate?  But no, they have something against that, too -- their tradition says Christmas is based on some pagan holiday from earlier times, so it's not OK for them.


        Years later I knew a guy at work who was a Jehovah's Witness -- we did the Morning Show at the country music radio station together.  I remember there were certain things that he would say were not quite OK -- for example, the song, "I'd Love to Lay You Down".

        I think we played it anyway, though.  It was in the radio station's collection.

________________________

On You Tube, find:

Conway Twitty -- I'd Love To Lay You Down

uploader / channel:  CountryMusicFan8

...and Play ♪ ♪ ♫ !



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment