Tuesday, May 30, 2023

cacerolazo

 

the Lincoln Memorial


♫♫ ♪

In your heart, I see the star of every night and every day

In your eyes, I get lost, I get washed away

Just as long as I'm here in your arms

I could be in no better place --


You're simply the best! ...


[May 30, 2023 - Town & Country] -------------- King Charles, King of the United Kingdom, honored Tina Turner, the Queen of Rock 'n' Roll, with a tribute at Buckingham Palace this past weekend.  King Charles allowed the Band of the Welsh Guards to perform "The Best" by Turner during the changing of the guard in front of the Palace on Friday.

...King Charles met Turner in 1986, when she was part of the Prince's Trust concert at Wembley Stadium.

_________________________


I saw some of that 1986 concert on TV, maybe on VH-1.  Tina Turner, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney.  You could see the Prince and Princess of Wales in the audience.

-----------------------------------


Last week we took note of the Saucepan Protests in France, and President Macron's weak response -- a day or two later I remembered that even Nixon went down to the Lincoln Memorial in the middle of the night and had some dialogue with protesters - May 9, 1970.


President Macron needs to take some vitamins.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment