Tuesday, May 23, 2023

way you wear those dresses

 



Big Joe Turner




♪ ♪ ♫

Get outta that bed, wash your face and hands

Get outta that bed, wash your face and hands

Get into that kitchen, make some noise with the pots and pans


I said shake, rattle, and roll

Shake, rattle and roll

Shake, rattle and roll

Shake, rattle and roll

Well, you won't do right -- to save your doggone soul...


Written in 1954 by Jesse Stone, the song "Shake, Rattle and Roll" was recorded by Big Joe Turner in New York City and released as a single in April of that year.  It reached number one on the U.S. Billboard R & B chart, and number 22 on the Billboard singles chart.

        It is included in Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.


When I read about those crazy pot-banging protests going on in France, I was reminded of this song.


If you go on You Tube you can play it -- the best recordings of it are --

+  the one by Big Joe Turner, and

+  the one by Bill Haley and The Comets.


(Dancing necessary.)


        Listening to different videos of this song, I noticed the lyrics are changed sometimes.  In one version, Turner sings, "you make me roll my eyes and grit my teeth!"    (LOL)

----------------------------------------------------

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment