Friday, May 26, 2023

river deep, mountain high

 


more than 4,000 people in Birdsville set a world record for the biggest Nutbush City Limits dance
~ The Canberra Times

I was going to make a list of my top favorite songs of Tina Turner's -- The New York Times made a list, also.


New York Times list:


A Fool in Love

I Idolize You

It's Gonna Work Out Fine

River Deep -- Mountain High

Proud Mary

Nutbush City Limits

The Acid Queen

What's Love Got To Do With It

Better Be Good to Me

We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)

The Best



my list:


Proud Mary  (the Ike and Tina Turner Revue version)

Proud Mary  (the Tina Turner version, 1977 - the 2000s)

Fool In Love

I Don't Want to Fight

River Deep -- Mountain High

Nutbush City Limits

What's Love Got to Do With It

Better Be Good to Me

Twenty-Four Seven



an insert in the article said,

Remembered With a Dance:

As news of her death reached Australia, people all over the country paid tribute to the star by doing the Nutbush, a popular dance set to Turner's song "Nutbush City Limits."

        (I'm going to look for videos of this on You Tube.)


"Nutbush City Limits" -- Tina wrote that one, and I thought it was so interesting that Bob Seger recorded a cover version of this song.

-----------------------------------------------------


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment