Thursday, May 26, 2016

with glory in my heart



Yesterday here, I included a movie-poster ad for an Alfred Hitchcock movie titled Shadow of a Doubt, although the Commenter who said, "Sam Cooke without a shadow of a doubt" wasn't referring to that film.


But reading that phrase, could not help thinking of that movie.




Hitchcock's movies during Hollywood's Classic Era, 1940 - 1960, were more suspense than gore:  these tend to be my favorites.


Shadow of a Doubt







Rebecca


Notorious


Strangers on a Train


Vertigo


North by Northwest


The Man Who Knew Too Much (second version)


Rear Window


To Catch a Thief


Foreign Correspondent.


---------------------


Shadow of a Doubt stars Joseph Cotten (pictured above), who also appeared in other iconic film projects (non-Hitchcock) of the Classic Era such as


The Third Man







Gaslight







Citizen Kane





_______________________________


In the Gaslight photograph, that's Joseph Cotten on the right-hand side, on the left is actor Charles Boyer (Boy - AY') -- pronounced the French way.


I finally got to see the film Gaslight when I was in college, but I first heard of it during elementary-school years -- someone at home mentioned that movie, & I asked about it, (What's Gaslight?) and my dad said he was angry at Charles Boyer for years, after seeing that movie.




("...Without a shred of pity, without a shred of regret, watching you go with glory in my heart!")


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment