Thursday, January 5, 2017

still I rise, leap, float, fly



Taking specific aim,


I crouch, gather muscle power,


And spring-sail up,


Levitating with ancient


Incomprehensible


Feline finesse, unquestioning


Of nature's bestowed eminence -- my flying and landing abilities, assumed, and deployed for choice placement of myself, in winter sunshine bursting through a south window, warm despite single-digit temperatures. 


Basking in
high places,
an apt activity
and fulfillment
of my opulent, purring presence
in this place in the world.
 
Now.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







----------------------------------


{watercolor paintings:
the Cat one, by Svetlana Novikova,
the next two below, by Osamu Saito, and the last one with the yellow sofa, by Josephine Grant}


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  










________________________





-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment