Wednesday, November 22, 2023

everybody's high on consolation

 


I was thinking about words that people sometimes use in writing, but they would be unlikely to use in speaking.

One of those is "crowing" - saying that a person was boasting, or bragging, being smug, and calling it "crowing."  And another is "trumpeting," which means the same thing.


Like - "he was crowing about having beaten the rap."  Or - "the institution investigated itself, and then trumpeted that there had been no wrong-doing."


Now, I doubt the person was supposed to have made a sound like an actual rooster crowing - "er-er-ER-er-ERRR!!"

And did the institution's spokesperson really trumpet?

Was that press release - seriously - trumpeting?

Is that trumpeting?


(elephants:  "Hold our beer.")


-------------------------- And in today's headlines - What The Heck??  You know the music group Hall & Oates?  Apparently Hall is suing Oates, and has also put a restraining order against him.

Yikes.

That isn't very harmonious or melodious.

Their songs:  the first one I think of is "Rich Girl."

        ♪ ♫ -- and you've gone too far

'Cause you know it don't matter anyway...


internet comments:


That's unfortunate.  P.S. Their songs are timeless.


What?


Exactly my reaction.

I love Hall & Oates.  Such great music.

I can't believe things are so bad between them that a restraining order is needed?  That's crazy.


Dawg.  I thought 2020 was one for the ages... 2023 is ending in a shebang


Private Eyes are watching you.  They see your every move.


Oh no, I can't go for this.  Hall and Oates need to get it together


Right?!  I mean, D*MN!

Hall & Oates stay on my playlist.


Wow well this sucks.  I love their music


I sure as hell didn't have this on my bingo card

_______________________________




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment