Tuesday, November 21, 2023

goodbye mein leiber herr ♫

 

VE Day:  the fall of Nazi Berlin

1945


In a speech last week, Donald Trump said his [imaginary] enemies "live like vermin".  The first thing I thought of was, Hitler referred to Jewish people as "vermin" back in the 1930s, as the concentration camps were being built.

        There's been, since 2015, this talk that Mr. Trump keeps a copy of Mein Kampf on his bedside table.  I don't know if that is truth, or what they call an "urban legend."


        Some people might believe that he wants to be just like Hitler and kill a bunch of people if he gets back in, and that's why he keeps Mein Kampf close to hand, like a guidebook.

        And some other people might believe that Trump doesn't have Hitler's book in his bedroom at all, that's only what meanies say about him.


        I tend to believe he doesn't have the book because I find it difficult to imagine that he has ever read any book in his life.

____________________________

--------------------------------


        Someone was on the Internet today saying she lets her 4-year-old son have coffee with breakfast.

...That sort of online tidbit that seems meant to get reactions....


People are saying it's bad to give them coffee - this made me remember my mom reading me Pippi Longstocking when I was little - and in that book, the children drink coffee.  I asked about that, and my mother said it was different over there, kids drink coffee in Sweden.

        (Little children ask so many questions - I suppose parents learn to just - come up with an answer on the fly, and keep it movin'....)



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment