Monday, November 6, 2023

"making music all day long" ♫

 


On Netflix there is a film called

"American Masters:  Inventing David Geffen."


It's good.  I've listened to it several times.  Clive Davis speaks in it, as does Cher, and Marlo Thomas.


One commenter said, "There were people who, he may have felt, were important in his life and he wished that they had looked at him, or viewed him, with a little more kindness because that's how he felt towards them."


Geffen worked with Bob Dylan and The Band for at least one album and tour; Laura Nyro; The Eagles; Joni Mitchell; Buffalo Springfield; Jackson Browne; Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, and more.


(When I was going to school in Boston, people were always advising me to listen to Laura Nyro's music.) - Thinking back, it seems like songs and artists I came to love and be influenced by - I just happened to come across their work, by luck or chance....

        I discovered Mac Davis music because some people I babysat for one night, in high school, had record albums all lined up in a filing rack, and Mac Davis was the one on the end.

--------------------------------------------


Buffalo Springfield


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment