Monday, November 13, 2023

I know, I'm just saying...

 

Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris


When we last posted, on November 9th, that painting of "Benjamin Netanyahu drinking tea" - quite something, isn't it?  Only it doesn't really look like he's drinking the tea, just trying to hold back the cup-and-saucer from floating away in the air.  It's a weird painting, but good, I thought.  Strong colors.


He is the Prime Minister of Israel; he previously held the office from 1996 to 1999, and again from 2009 to 2021.

He then got elected again in 2022.


In the 1980s he was Israel's ambassador to the United Nations.  On a radio morning show at that time, I remember I was very grateful when the Associated Press included a pronouncing-guide in parentheses for the name.


Why did I title that post "Quasimodo predicted all this" - ?

Because all the bad news and crazy stuff reminded me of this scene in The Sopranos - it's very famous, at least among Sopranos fans - if you type in the phrase, you will see You Tube videos and Tik-Toks of the scene.


Tony Soprano and Bobby Baccalieri are sitting in a late-night diner, having supper.


BOBBY

Mom started goin' downhill after the World Trade Center.  You know - Quasimodo predicted all this.


TONY

Who did what?


BOBBY

All these problems - the Middle East, the end of the world.


TONY

Nostradamus.  Quasimodo's the Hunchback of Notre Dame.


BOBBY

Oh right.  Notre Damus.


TONY

Nostradamus, and Notre Dame.  Two different things completely.


BOBBY

It's interesting though, they'd be so similar, isn't it?  And I always thought okay, Hunchback of Notre Dame.  You also got your quarterback and halfback of Notre Dame.


TONY

One's a f***ing cathedral!


BOBBY

Obviously.  I know, I'm just saying.  It's interesting, the coincidence.  What, you're gonna tell me you never pondered that?  The back thing with Notre Dame?


TONY

No!

______________________________




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment