Friday, November 24, 2023

I can go for being twice as nice

 


Reading about the Hall & Oates lawsuit and restraining order the other day, through internet comments I learned how much people love their music.


"Hall & Oates stay on my playlist."

"My dad has their albums."

Etc.


The expression "restraining order" brings to my mind images of - one of these guys wants to physically hammer on the other one.  

        But in further reporting today, it looks like the restraining order is to prevent one from selling some music, or rights, or something, which a signed contract says they control together.


So that sounds more like paper-lawyer-office activity, rather than - I don't know - brawling outdoors.

----------------------------------------------


reader comments

------------------


Just sad.  I thought these two were okay and not about the drama.  The music will always be good but this is disappointing for fans...


A very early video, with Oates singing lead for once.  Is Daryl [ticked] at him here?  Damn I miss the 70s!  [video was a performance of "She's Gone"]


I can't go for that!


~  Oh no, now they are on ABC World News! 



Sad news!!

That's how it goes sometimes.

Just like those marriages that break up after decades.

People fall out.



~  This is sad.  These men need to get their sh!t together and tour.  Imagine the bank they could make.  

Idk how it could get to this level where a restraining order has to be filed.  I mean, is somebody trespassing on the other's property yelling give me my demos back?  

        I hope they can work it out, they have classic songs.


~  Now why they wanna make Sarah frown?


~  This is very sad for me; I love their music!

Say it isn't so!!!!!


~  Daryl could have done it by himself but I love the voices together.  They both loved Philly soul and came through with the sound.  They need to get it together.  Too damn old for this mess.

___________________________




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment