Friday, May 17, 2013

...and such small portions!

Thinking about how to deal with --

a.  a whirling dervish of wild-and-loud verbal negativity:  complaint, criticism (general), rumor-mongering, suspicion-spreading -- which batters me about, like an autumn leaf before a tornado, when it's periodically encountered (for mercifully short periods of time)

b.  price-gouging, from a service I've used & recommended, to others....!  (!!)  [Can at least save own breath, by cutting off the recommendations....]  No $$-market for my breath, though. ...

------------------------

Sometimes when cannot solve current problems, a person looks back over their life to see, as Woody Allen says at the beginning of Annie Hall -- "Where did the screw-up come?"

-------------------------
ALVY:
There's an old joke.  Two elderly women are at a Catskill Mountain resort, and one of them says:  "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible."  The other one says, "Yeah, I know, and such ... small portions."  Well, that's essentially how I feel about life.  Full of loneliness and misery and suffering and unhappiness, and -- it's all over much too quickly.

...

Annie and I broke up and I -- I still can't get my mind around that.  You know, I - I keep sifting the pieces of the relationship through my mind and -- and examining my life and tryin' to figure out -- where did the screw-up come, you know, and a year ago we were -- in love.  You know, and-and-and...And it's funny. ...
----------------------------

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment