Wednesday, May 15, 2013

sundown shining in


Woke up this mornin'
The sundown shinin' in
I found my broken mind
In a brown paper bag of Zen.

Tripped on a cloud,
I fell eight miles high.
Tore my mind upon a jagged sky.

I just dropped in
to see what condition
my condition
was in.
Ah, ah.

Pushed my soul in a
deep dark hole, followed it in.
Met myself crawlin' out,
As I was crawlin' in.

I woke up so tight I said
"I never will unwind."
Saw too much,
I broke my mind.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
Woh, Lord, Lord,
What condition my condition was in.

[Whistling chorus.]

Ah, ah, ah-ha.

Somebody painted "April Fool,"
In big black letters on a Dead End sign.
I had my foot on the gas
As I left the road and blew out my mind.

Eight miles outta Memphis,
Lord, I got no spare.
Eight miles straight up.
Downtown somewhere.

I
just
dropped
in

to
see
what
condition
my
condition
was
in.

Oh, Lord, Lord, Lawd,
What condition my condition was in....[Humming...]

-------------------------
{"Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" - written, Mickey Newbury - 1968 hit, The First Edition (with Kenny Rogers on lead vocals).}

====================
"Woke up this morning'"....Sopranos theme song....
"Eight miles high -- and falling fast"...Don McLean, "American Pie"...

"Condition was in" -- been referenced. 

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment