Friday, May 5, 2017

all my memories gathered 'round






When I mentally organize and arrange and savor memories from my childhood years, I remember going on trips, and I always appreciate the good fortune of that...


but then when I was writing here about Ohio, and following the memory trail and starting to realize, OK, I never really visited any destinations in western Ohio, or southern Ohio.  Or -- come to think of it -- northern Ohio -- except to drive through it to get to Ann Arbor for a wedding... 


I start to rearrange my perception and think, "OK, maybe I wasn't exactly well-traveled around the entire state of Ohio, so much as I was... well-traveled -- in -- the Akron-Canton area..."








____________________
__________________





And continuing reading in The Free Encyclopedia about southern Ohio, there's a section titled "Notable people" and as you scroll down through a list with an astronaut, TV and movie people, etc., you come to William Henry Harrison, 9th US President...


and I was saying, "Oh, wow!  A president!"  And then after William Henry Harrison, there's Ulysses S. Grant, 18th US President -- another one!  And then after Grant, there's James Abram Garfield, 20th US President...


and then -- OK -- just keep on scrolling -- southern Ohio is "lousy with" presidents!  LOL    ...Six U.S. presidents came from there!


William Henry Harrison
Ulysses S. Grant





-------------------------