Friday, May 26, 2017

get William F. Buckley to kill the spider






Since this song came out in 1958, I went looking for images from that year and was given the above, with the yellow banner at upper-left reading,


"DEMOCRACY'S LABORATORY in Latin America"


"Puerto Rico's Governor Muñoz Marin"


Splish splash, I was taking a bath
'Long about a Saturday night, yeah
A rub dub, just relaxing in the tub


Thinking everything was all right




Well I stepped out the tub, put my feet on the floor
I wrapped the towel around me
And I opened the door, and then a
Splish, splash, I jumped back in the bath
Well how was I to know there was a party goin' on?


They was a-splishing and a-splashing
Reeling with the feeling
Movin' and a-groovin'
Rocking and a-rolling, yeah




Bing bang, I saw the whole gang
Dancin' on my living-room rug, yeah
Flip flop, they was doing the bop
All the teens had the dancing bug




There was Lollipop with-a Peggy Sue
Good golly, Miss Molly was-a even there, too
a-well-a, splish splash, I forgot about the bath
I went and put my dancin' shoes on, yeah




I was a rolling and a-strolling
Reeling with the feeling
Movin' and a-groovin'
Splishin' and a-splashin' - yeah




Yes, I was splishing and splashing
I was rollin' and a-strollin'
Yeah,


I was a-moving' and a-groovin'
We was a-reeling with the feeling
We was a-rolling and a-strolling
Movin' with the groovin'
Splish splash, yeah




Mm, splishing and a-splashing -- one time
I was a-splishing and a-splashing -- ooh - wee
I was a-movin' and a-groovin' -- yeah
I was a-splishin' and a splashin' ...




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment