Tuesday, July 16, 2024

I Come As A Thief

 

Louis Auchincloss


Louis Auchincloss was a cousin by marriage to Jacqueline Bouvier.  He was a full-time attorney who wrote, apparently, about 60 books. (??!)

        In 1976 I bought a paperback book written by him,  I Come As A Thief.  I suppose I bought it because of the dramatic title, and because I could afford it.  Probably found it in Osco Drug, which used to be on the main street of a Midwestern town near the tiny town where I lived, then.


        My dad saw what I was reading and he said, That author is related to Jackie Kennedy by marriage.

(Me:  "Oh.")


I know I read the book, but I can't remember what it was about.  (That isn't a negative judgment - just - you can't remember everything....)


I read about his job on the back of the book, and it told me, you can have a job and still write.



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment