Friday, July 26, 2024

thumbs-up

 

Suzanne Pleshette; Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show)


Go on You Tube and find the video titled,

If I said you had a beautiful body lyric video Bellamy Brothers

uploader / channel:  Bobby Brown

(13 million views)


... and Play.


It's a country song.

The whole title is, "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me."

        A little play on words, there.


The comedian Bob Newhart, who just passed on at the age of 94, said he didn't "get" country music - he said, "I think it's all one song."


        I met someone like that, once.  In the state capitol cafeteria I went for lunch and some lobbyists introduced themselves and asked me where I was from and what I was doing.  I said the town where I lived, and that I worked at a country music radio station.

        The executive director of the towns and cities organization burst out cheerfully, "Oh!  I'd rather chew barbed wire than listen to country music!"


He was an upbeat person who knew everything about lobbying and the political process and the various state legislators.

        Good dancer.


Under the Bellamy Brothers video, one Comment read:

~  Every weekend I have to play this beautiful piece.  Thumbs up Bellamy brothers.  From Uganda East Africa.


See, now, for that guy it isn't "country music," put in a category.  It's just a song - a "beautiful piece."


        I love how the phrase "thumbs up" seems to be universal among all languages.  Uganda.  (!)  Only imagine.




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment