Saturday, July 27, 2024

movies

 



movies - 

Currently a 1980s film called Jagged Edge can be streamed on "Max" - that's a channel connected with Amazon Prime.

Fatal Attraction (1987) is on Netflix (last day to watch, next Wednesday, July 31st.

The actress Glenn Close is in both of those movies.  

You can have a "Glenn Close weekend"...


Jagged Edge was written by Joe Eszterhas - who, it turns out, grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, same area as me.  Some of his works have some stuff in them that I wouldn't put in, if it was me.

        I was not a fan of Basic Instinct, and I gave up after Showgirls - I think I walked out of that one.  Just - couldn't.

But he was real successful, so I tried to learn something from him.


Both Edge, and Attraction, have those '80s hairstyles and clothes.  Linebacker shoulder pads; fuzzy, wild, curly hair.


I like in Jagged Edge how, when you see the ocean, they were filming real ocean, not computer-CGI stuff like now.

        And the great Robert Loggia is in Edge.  The film came out in 1985; 19 years later, in 2004, Loggia was in The Sopranos - he doesn't look much different, to me...  "Feech La Manna."

 

-------------------------  Moving away from the thriller genre, recently was watching The Wizard Of Oz.  Though actually, maybe that is a sort of thriller, too...  It certainly thrilled me when I was a child, and still does - partly because I like it now, and partly because I liked it then.

Such a funny Comment I read -

"As an adult, I noticed how odd it was that a bunch of Kansas farm workers all had New York accents."

Oh!  I could relate to that!

I started noticing the Brooklyn bending of words and dropping of R's when I was 10 or 11, I think, watching that movie every year on TV.

        A lot of actors and actresses come from New York City, maybe because it's easier to get started there because there is theater, right there where they already live, and also many films and television shows are made there.




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment