Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ferocious tenacity

[From Beverly Hills, California, in The New York Times]:

Robert Evans has long been good theater. Now comes the actual stage play.

Having been involved with pictures as grand as “The Godfather,” as troubled as “The Cotton Club” and as self-referential as the documentary “The Kid Stays in the Picture,” which chronicled his checkered film career, Mr. Evans is becoming the subject of a play. It is currently being written, and producers hope it will make its Broadway debut in the next year.


[stop quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reading this article, came across the following:

[quote from article]:

...to create a story that Mr. Evans hopes will be inspirational — at least for those who may be inspired by the tale of a movie producer’s ferocious tenacity.

[end quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------

Ferocious tenacity.

I thought of that word, tenacity, recently -- a few weeks ago, maybe.

When I was working as a lobbyist a state senator told me over a drink one evening, "I've always admired your tenacity."

That's a nice compliment for a lobbyist. And I just happened to remember it recently.

Maybe, in Life, tenacity is not enough. Maybe the thing you need is ferocious tenacity.

"Ferocious" (Dictionary.com) --
1.
savagely fierce, as a wild beast, person, action, or aspect; violently cruel: a ferocious beating.
2.
extreme or intense: a ferocious thirst.


I'm afraid I'm not a very ferocious person.

I am passionate; I have passionate interests.

Work on it.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment