Thursday, February 11, 2010

Stones fan

There used to be a television show (in the 50s maybe??) called
"Kids Say The Darnedest Things."
Art Linkletter.

And they actually do.
Say the "darnedest" things.

Several years ago, between jobs, I did substituting for teachers in the local high school.
(In the state where I live you don't have to have a teaching degree in order to "sub.")

Once, for half a day, I filled in for a Math teacher.
Students doing work-sheets; me walking around.

One young man who was faithfully working on his math problems abruptly asked me, as I passed behind his chair, "Are you a fan of the Rolling Stones?"

There's a question that is unexpected in Math class.
I'm -- like -- drawing a blank, doing a double-take, trying to figure out where he's getting this, and then I just said,

"Yes! I mean -- well -- what made you think of that?"

He replied, "You look like an old hippie."

I loved that.

-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment