Sunday, February 7, 2010

Strategy

Preparing for a social situation where I might be asked about someone else's family / relationship problems.

First I'll say cheerfully, "I don't know. But I'm sure they're doing well."

And then if I get pushed I'm going to say,

"You know, I never report any information about you to anyone else, and by the same token I'm not going to report any information about them to you."

Think they will instantly back off and say something like,
"Oh I wasn't asking you to gossip--"
or
"I wasn't trying to get you to report anything, I just..."

And I'll swoop in with,
"Excellent -- then you and I are in agreement."
And I'll quickly continue:
"You and I agree on most things. If you knew how many times I quote you, about the best way to do things, you'd be amazed!"

God, that sounds so good "on paper" -- hope I can pull it off.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment