Tuesday, February 9, 2010

mysterious

I finish work, M-F, at 10pm. It's a cozy time to drive home -- not frantic and ticked off, like 5pm.

Last night in the dark as I was about to turn south on a downtown street, noticed a tall person -- a man, I thought -- walking right down the middle of the street. Not crossing the street. Not walking by the curb.

Just walking right straight down the middle of the street.

There were no other cars but mine, at the moment, so he was all alone.

I thought, "Geez, what now? The mothman?"

Fast-reflection inside my head: (when a person walks straight down the middle of a street -- anytime, and maybe especially later at night -- you just don't know what his thought pattern is....)

I drove over a block and turned south there, instead.

It seemed like it was a person, not a mothman --
but the way he was in the middle of the street, alone, -- and would have been in front of my car, had I turned there -- reminded me of "The Mothman Prophecies."

Movie, 2002, Richard Gere.

It's based upon real events in Point Pleasant, West Virginia, in the Sixties.

Local people reported seeing -- well, a lot of weird things.

One of them was a real tall -- "person" -- or, something, with wings. It was referred to as "mothman".

The movie is scary -- spooky and mysterious, not grisly or horrifying.

Highly recommend it.
To read a good description of the film, type in on Google:
Movie Review: The Mothman Prophecies
----------------------------------------------------

Second from the top (probably) will be the review from "about.com"

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment